North West Aluminium Systems are registered with Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) who assess suppliers health and safety competence.
Participating in the CHAS scheme helps both suppliers and buyers.
- Suppliers show compliance with important parts of health and safety law (the core criteria described in the CDM regulations).
- On achieving compliance a supplier is approved to work for all of CHAS' buyers.(Some Buyers may require "Accredited" Status)
- Inconsistencies are reduced where some suppliers may be judged compliant by one buyer but not another.
- CHAS gives guidance on any weaknesses in a supplier's safety management, including how they can improve.
- Being a CHAS supplier or buyer saves both time and resources
To find out more about CHAS visit the website - www.chas.gov.uk